PLEASE NOTE: Ticket Transfer is intended for transferring tickets to friends and family; you should only use this feature with people you know and trust. Ticket Transfer should not be used in connection with the resale of tickets.
What is Ticket Transfer?
Ticket Transfer lets you send tickets to friends before the event, straight from your Ticketmaster account to theirs. No more driving around town handing out tickets or waiting outside the venue for the friend who’s always late! Ticket Transfer is convenient, simple and free and can be done on your desktop or mobile.
Ticket Transfer is available for certain events – if the Transfer-button is unavailable, it means that Ticket transfer is not currently activated on your event. Availability can change, and it depends on technical options and the event organizers. Ticket Transfer can only be used for Tickets and not for Upsells purchased with Tickets or any non-Ticket elements of Packages.
How do I transfer tickets to a friend?
- Log into your account and select from the list of ‘Upcoming Events’.
- Click the button to transfer tickets and follow the simple steps onscreen to transfer to your friends. You can transfer as many tickets as you like.
- Remember, the receiver's email address must be different to the sender’s email address.
- The receiver will need a Ticketmaster account. Don’t worry if they don’t have one, they’ll be able to create an account when accepting the tickets.
The receiver will receive an email invitation, and we’ll email you as soon as they accept the tickets.
Once the receiver accepts the transfer, your original barcode for that ticket is no longer valid.
How do I cancel a transfer?
Ticket Transfers can only be cancelled if the recipient hasn’t accepted the tickets yet. Here's how you can do it:
- Go to ‘View Upcoming Events’ in your account
- Select the order
- Click ‘Cancel Transfer’
Please keep in mind that you can’t cancel a transfer after the tickets have been accepted, but your guest can always transfer them back to you!
I can not receive/find a transfer request on my account.
Hopefully one of these suggestions will help:
- Check your email/spam filter that you have received an email from us (email@example.com) that you have received some tickets. Open this email and accept the tickets. They you will be automatically transferred to log in to the same account you received the email on. Log in and accept the transfer and then the tickets will be available, also on our app if you are in Norway. If you happen to click on decline, just accept the tickets in the email again.
- Be sure you have an account with that email address with us at www.ticketmaster.no
- Check that the sender has used your correct email address, needs only one letter/symbol wrong and the request will not go through to you.
If the above is not the issue, maybe the following will be helpful:
- Try to use another web browser (like Chrome) when you log on to www.ticketmaster.no . Be sure it is updated.
- Try to refresh your page or log out and in again.
- If you are on a work/school wifi, their firewall can prevent you to use of our page, Then try a private wifi or mobile network. Do not use VPN.
- You can also ask the sender to cancel the transfer and try again.
Can I Transfer tickets that someone has transferred to me?
Yes, you can! Once you accept the tickets they’re all yours. If you can’t use them, you can transfer them back to the person who sent them, or transfer them to anyone else you like.
Having difficulty transferring a ticket?
Check out our troubleshooting guide for help with some common queries – it’s available here!
What happens to Ticket Transfer - tickets if an event is canceled or rescheduled?
If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or materially altered, only the original purchaser of a transferred ticket will be entitled to any refund or credit available. We will only deal with the original purchaser of a transferred Ticket in respect of all matters relating to the ticket and the event for which it is issued. It is the responsibility of the original purchaser of a Ticket to keep all the recipients of any transferred Tickets updated with any information we provide to the original purchaser.
Please see our Purchase Policy for further information about Ticket Transfer - tickets.